Saturday, January 29, 2005

Testimonial: Wendy O'Kray Mother Of Twins

I used to run cross-country in middle school and high school. I frequently got a "tearing" feeling in my arch area. Since no other pain ever came of it, I never thought about it again.

Now I am the mother of active 3-year-old fraternal twin girls. They were born full term, and the regular weight of normal single babies. Ever since they were born, my left foot has suffered, right at the heel. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in my left foot, probably caused by the extra weight I carried and the loosening of tendons and muscles that comes with pregnancy.

I tried using a flat heel insert in the left shoe, like the doctor suggested, but to no avail. I then fell back on my pseudo-"birkies," as keeping my toes up to keep the sandals on seemed to help. The pain in my left foot continued to get worse, to the point where I was limping and in constant pain. One day one of my friends came in wearing these weird shoes with a spring on the bottom. (She's an Emergency Medical Technician and on her feet quite a bit.) She recommended these shoes and said they make it easy to be on your feet for a long time.

I went online and found the Z-CoiL Web site and, lo and behold, there was a retailer in Wisconsin! I got the address and told myself I would get there the next chance I got. Finally, I made it into the store and was able to try on a pair (as my twin girls ran around, but behaved). It was AMAZING! I could almost feel the heel pain melt away the longer I had the hiking boots on! It only took me a minute to make my decision-only Z-CoiL shoes on my feet from now on. I look forward to getting my second pair, the clogs, and in the Spring getting a pair of sandals. I plan to get my twin girls the same type of shoes once they get to their adult size, as they will probably have the same problems.


Thank you, Z-CoiL! You will be staying with our family for years to come!

Wendy O'Kray
Milwaukee, WI

1 Comments:

At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm doing a college survey based upon various aspects of Walking & Hiking and I need to ask hikers from around the world to complete a short questionnaire. There are several themes including walking group. I'm using this site (walking group) to contact hikers, do you know of any other ways to do this?
Many thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home